Help with fraction subtraction/addition with unlike denominators

V12-POWER

Hey everyone, it seems I cant get my head out of something as simple as a fraction operation. Last time I lost a test because of this so I MUST get this clear.

take this example which im working up now of a trigonometric function:

Captura.jpg

it's all good doing the derivative until the last 2 steps when you have to substract element 1 with 2 (highlighted in blue) and their denominators have common numbers/elements but not entirely similar one to another. I can't seem to find a way to end with the final result.

(The problem is always with functions that have roots. specially cubic root.)

Hey everyone, it seems I cant get my head out of something as simple as a fraction operation. Last time I lost a test because of this so I MUST get this clear.

take this example which im working up now of a trigonometric function:

View attachment 8446

it's all good doing the derivative until the last 2 steps when you have to substract element 1 with 2 (highlighted in blue) and their denominators have common numbers/elements but not entirely similar one to another. I can't seem to find a way to end with the final result.

(The problem is always with functions that have roots. specially cubic root.)
What did you get? Please share with us - your work.

What did you get? Please share with us - your work.

That is taken from an online calculator, I got stuck in the step that has both denominators highlighted because from then I don't know how to proceed. The steps prior to that are alright and I have no trouble doing them

That is taken from an online calculator, I got stuck in the step that has both denominators highlighted because from then I don't know how to proceed. The steps prior to that are alright and I have no trouble doing them
If the problem was:

\(\displaystyle \displaystyle{\dfrac{A}{B} + \dfrac{C}{D} \ = \ ?}\)

How would you proceed?

What would be the answer?

Help with fraction subtraction/addition with unlike denominators

… I MUST get this clear.
A good way to review the combination of algebraic ratios (i.e., rational expressions) is to study some lessons and go through some worked examples, step by step.

I would search on-line for materials, by googling some keywords.

Try: add subtract rational expressions

If you have a question about anything you see, come back and ask.

Hint: The last line in your image shows the "least common denominator".