Interview questions - preventing contamination

Mencjusz

Hello all,

Recently, I have encountered math problem which I do not know how to solve. I mean, I understand why the suggested answer is correct, but I need to know how to calculate it by myself. I will be very grateful for straight-forward explanation.

The following table was presented from a field study to illustrate the effect of question type on responses during interviews.

Question types and the production of new and contradictory details:

Question type
Number of questions asked
Response: new details
Response: contradictory details
Invitation
48 (11%)
0 (0%)
Directive
71 (17%)
19 (21%)
Option-posing
158 (38%)
42 (46%)
Suggestive
144 (34%)
30 (33%)
Note: Numbers in parentheses are percentages within the columns

Questions: Based on the information presented, which question type would you recommend to use during the interviews?

A. Invitation questions
B. Durective
C. Option-posing
D. Suggestive

Recently, I have encountered math problem which I do not know how to solve. I mean, I understand why the suggested answer is correct, but I need to know how to calculate it by myself. I will be very grateful for straight-forward explanation.

The following table was presented from a field study to illustrate the effect of question type on responses during interviews.

Question types and the production of new and contradictory details:

Question typeNumber of questions askedResponse: new detailsResponse: contradictory details
Invitation5648 (11%)0 (0%)
Directive9371 (17%)19 (21%)
Option-posing223158 (38%)42 (46%)
Suggestive187144 (34%)30 (33%)

Note: Numbers in parentheses are percentages within the columns

Questions: Based on the information presented, which question type would you recommend to use during the interviews?

A. Invitation questions
B. Durective
C. Option-posing
D. Suggestive
Your subject line mentions "preventing contamination", but there is nothing about contamination in the posted exercise. Are we missing some of the information for this question?

Thank you! ;)

Your subject line mentions "preventing contamination", but there is nothing about contamination in the posted exercise. Are we missing some of the information for this question?

Thank you! ;)

Only additional text, I doubt it will contribute to the math question:

"you recently attended a workshop on forensic interviewing techniques. The workshop focused on techniques for preventing interviewer contamination, with the goal of eliciting new details during an interview, while avoiding eliciting details that contradicted prior statements. The following table was presented from a field study to illustrate the effect of question types on the responses during interviews."

Nothing more.

Only additional text, I doubt it will contribute to the math question:

"you recently attended a workshop on forensic interviewing techniques. The workshop focused on techniques for preventing interviewer contamination, with the goal of eliciting new details during an interview, while avoiding eliciting details that contradicted prior statements. The following table was presented from a field study to illustrate the effect of question types on the responses during interviews."

Nothing more.

Anyone?