Thread: stationary solution for u(x,t)=v(x,t)+h(x) for heat PDE with BC of U1

stationary solution for u(x,t)=v(x,t)+h(x) for heat PDE with BC of U1

what is the meaning of stationary solution [tex]h(x) [/tex] and how can I find it for this equation [tex] u(x,t) =v(x,t) +h(x) [/tex] for heat PDE with BC of [tex]U1[/tex], can you explain in details?
    Last edited by mmm4444bot; 09-15-2017 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Replaced math and /math tags with tex and /tex

Elite Member
    That appears to be an entire chapter of a textbook. You'll have to narrow the question a bit. Provide examples and show your work.
    "Unique Answers Don't Care How You Find Them." - Many may have said it, but I hear it most from me.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aows61 View Post
    what is the meaning of stationary solution [tex]h(x) [/tex] and how can I find it for this equation [tex] u(x,t) =v(x,t) +h(x) [/tex] for heat PDE with BC of [tex]U1[/tex], can you explain in details?
    at t = ∞ → u = h and v = 0
    “... mathematics is only the art of saying the same thing in different words” - B. Russell

Elite Member
    Well, OK. Some chapters are shorter than others.
    "Unique Answers Don't Care How You Find Them." - Many may have said it, but I hear it most from me.

fourier

i have 1-D heat PDE, and am required to solve it using Finite fourier cosine transform (FFCT), and one of the B.C equals [tex] U_1[/tex] , and someone said that you need to use stationary solution..
    Last edited by aows61; 09-18-2017 at 02:04 AM.

my attempt

here is the complete problem along with the needed formulas and my attempt, as in the link below:
    https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/t...009#post416009