General Polynomials - polynomial of degree 4

mrwftw

Question.jpg

I have tried to solve the problem, but the third property doesn't make sense to me.

Answer that I got:

-686(x-2)(x+3)

Any help would be appreciated.. thanks!

View attachment 8523

I have tried to solve the problem, but the third property doesn't make sense to me.

Answer that I got:

-686(x-2)(x+3)

Any help would be appreciated.. thanks!
attachment.php

Can you sketch the function?

Assuming all the roots of the function were given above - for one of those points it must be a multiple-zero.

My process:

My starting process:

4116=a(x-3)(x-7)(x+2)

1. zeros at [FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]x[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]=[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]3[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main],[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]x[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]=[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]7[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main] and [/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]x[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]=[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]−[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]2[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]f[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]([/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]0[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main])[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]=[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]4116[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]f[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]([/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]x[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main])[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]>[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]0[/FONT] only on the interval [FONT=MathJax_Main]([/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]−[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]2[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main],[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]3[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main])[/FONT]

Isn't it degree four (4)?!

An answer like (x-a)(x-b) is degree two (2). That will not do.

A setup like (x-a)(x-b)(x-c) is degree three (3). That will not do.

Take a crack at it with something that is actually degree four (4), and you'll be much closer.