Factor of 1/f where f>1

evking

The problem states: you have to transfer songs to your online music library. The online library can store 32,000 megabytes of songs. An average song is 40 mb. In general, if you use a file format the compresses the songs by a factor of 1/f where f>1 how many songs in that format can you expect to store?

I need help understanding the 1/f and f>1 part and what I am supposed to do with that factor. Any help please?

The problem states: you have to transfer songs to your online music library. The online library can store 32,000 megabytes of songs. An average song is 40 mb. In general, if you use a file format the compresses the songs by a factor of 1/f where f>1 how many songs in that format can you expect to store?

I need help understanding the 1/f and f>1 part and what I am supposed to do with that factor. Any help please?
Suppose f = 2. Then you would compress a song to 1/2 of its original size. So where as you could store 10 songs before, now you would store (2*10=) 20 songs in the same space.