Pricing Formula for Selling Price

fearmhor18

Hi,

Looking for some help from some maths intellects as I cannot fathom how to do this.

I sell good online and I want to list items at a certain margin percentage.

Is it possible to use a formula to list at the correct selling price by setting a margin percentage. So the factors to consider in the formula would be below.

Cost Of Item - 5.11
Postage Cost - 2.2
PayPal Fixed Fee - .2
PayPal Fee % - 1.9% of final selling price
Ebay Fee % - 7% of final selling price
UK VAT - 20% - Final Selling Price *.166

The correct listing price for 20% margin should be around 13.8, however I have got this by just changing prices rather than using a formula to calculate the margin beforehand.

Thanks in advance if anyone can point me in the correct directions.

Hi,

Looking for some help from some maths intellects as I cannot fathom how to do this.

Is it possible to use a formula to list at the correct selling price by setting a margin percentage. So the factors to consider in the formula would be below.

Cost Of Item - 5.11
Postage Cost - 2.2
PayPal Fixed Fee - .2

The correct listing price for 20% margin should be around 13.8, however I have got this by just changing prices rather than using a formula to calculate the margin beforehand.

How do you calculate Margin?

Hi,

Cost Of Item - 5.11
Postage Cost - 2.2
PayPal Fixed Fee - .2

Using
final selling price = a * total cost
profit = final selling price - total cost
you should be able to determine what you need

Using
final selling price = a * total cost
profit = final selling price - total cost
you should be able to determine what you need

Hi, Thank you for your advice.

I'm not sure if we are looking at the same problem. I was looking for a formula (that I could use in a spreadsheet for example) whereby I put in the following factors.

Cost Of Item - 5.11
Postage Cost - 2.2
PayPal Fixed Fee - .2
Margin %

and get a final selling price

Hi, Thank you for your advice.

I'm not sure if we are looking at the same problem. I was looking for a formula (that I could use in a spreadsheet for example) whereby I put in the following factors.

Cost Of Item - 5.11
Postage Cost - 2.2
PayPal Fixed Fee - .2
Margin %

and get a final selling price

I do programming (including spreadsheets) for $50 an hour and am picky about what I choose to do. So I generally don't give out formulas for programs and spread sheets.

But to try to help a little more, set your 'margin', i.e. 0.2 [20%] and add 1 to it. That is the a [=1.2 in your case]. That will give you selling price and finally your total cost, i.e. add all the costs. Check your profit to see if it is sufficient.

BTW: You really haven't listed all of your costs. For example, if you drive to the post office, you would also have car

I do programming (including spreadsheets) for $50 an hour and am picky about what I choose to do. So I generally don't give out formulas for programs and spread sheets.

But to try to help a little more, set your 'margin', i.e. 0.2 [20%] and add 1 to it. That is the a [=1.2 in your case]. That will give you selling price and finally your total cost, i.e. add all the costs. Check your profit to see if it is sufficient.

BTW: You really haven't listed all of your costs. For example, if you drive to the post office, you would also have car

Hi,

I understand. The additional costs I have deliberately left out and just costed for it in the postage cost.

I will try and develop something myself a little here and if no good I might take you up on making one for me for a cost.

Thanks.