Thread: Calculating Speed

Calculating Speed

Hi, I am new to the forum and neither a student nor a pupil, hopefully you can still help me. Also I am so bad in math that I don't even now whether this is the right category to post in Hopefully you can still help me. I was wondering if its possible to solve the following problem:

I have two known distances from one common starting point (A to B and A to C). I also know that travelling speed for both distances is the same and constant but I dont know what that speed is.

So if use s=d/t I am obviously missing info about s and t.
    And here the question: Is it possible to solve this problem somehow under the assumptions above?

Thx vey much in advance for your time.
    Cheers
    Kevin

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Chapati View Post
    Hi, I am new to the forum and neither a student nor a pupil, hopefully you can still help me. Also I am so bad in math that I don't even now whether this is the right category to post in Hopefully you can still help me. I was wondering if its possible to solve the following problem:

I have two known distances from one common starting point (A to B and A to C). I also know that travelling speed for both distances is the same and constant but I dont know what that speed is.

So if use s=d/t I am obviously missing info about s and t.
    And here the question: Is it possible to solve this problem somehow under the assumptions above?

Thx vey much in advance for your time.
    Cheers
    Kevin
    What is it that the problem wants you to find?
    “... mathematics is only the art of saying the same thing in different words” - B. Russell