Precalculus: Create polynomial w/ >= 2 vertical, non-zero horizontal asymptotes, and.

luckjoe

Precalculus: Create polynomial w/ >= 2 vertical, non-zero horizontal asymptotes, and.

I have no single clue to solve the following difficult assignment question, I just post here to seek help.

Create a polynomial function f(x) with at least two vertical asymptotes, and a non-zero horizontal asymptote.

Demonstrate how you would find the x-values in which f(x) ≥ 5

How is this different from finding where f(x) ≥ y?

Thank you very much for your help

I have no single clue to solve the following difficult assignment question, I just post here to seek help.
Has your class not yet covered asymptotes, so you're needing lesson instruction?

Create a polynomial function \(\displaystyle f(x)\) with at least two vertical asymptotes, and a non-zero horizontal asymptote.

Demonstrate how you would find the \(\displaystyle x\)-values in which \(\displaystyle f(x)\, \geq\, 5\)

How is this different from finding where \(\displaystyle f(x)\, \geq\, y ?\)

Thank you! ;)

a homework question I don't know how to solve

Has your class not yet covered asymptotes, so you're needing lesson instruction?

This is a homework question I don't know how to solve, can anyone kindly help me?

This is a homework question I don't know how to solve, can anyone kindly help me?
So does that mean that your class has covered this material, but that you still have no idea how to get started, so you need lesson instruction? If so, then please understand that we cannot provide lesson instruction within this environment. But there are loads of great lessons available online!

. . . . .Google results for "vertical asyptotes"

. . . . .Google results for "horizontal asymptotes"

. . . . .Google results for "rational inequalities"

Please study at least two lessons from each list. Then please attempt the exercise. If you get stuck, you can then reply with a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts, at which point we can reply with further helps.

Note: Because this exercise is intended to test your understanding of the concepts, rather than your proficiency in computing values, there are infinitely-many "right" answers. The point of this exercise is to confirm your own understanding. So let's get started on building that foundation! ;)

P.S. I'm assuming, similar to how they did here, that, by "polynomial", you mean "rational", since the exercise makes no sense otherwise.

Last edited: