plz help w/ "When you flip a biased coin the probability of getting a tail is 0.47."

Ericaisbadatstats

plz help w/ "When you flip a biased coin the probability of getting a tail is 0.47."

So, I am trying to complete this seemingly easy question but it seems to be far too challenging for me... "When you flip a biased coin the probability of getting a tail is 0.47. Find the probability of getting a head."

So, I am trying to complete this seemingly easy question but it seems to be far too challenging for me... "When you flip a biased coin the probability of getting a tail is 0.47. Find the probability of getting a head."

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33
I must apologise for this, I was in a rush of trying to get the answer so again sorry.

I have tried to times 0.47 by 2 but the answer seems to be wrong, I am stuck with the beginning so I'd like some help with that kind of problem. Thanks for letting me know about that!

I must apologise for this, I was in a rush of trying to get the answer so again sorry.

I have tried to times 0.47 by 2 but the answer seems to be wrong, I am stuck with the beginning so I'd like some help with that kind of problem. Thanks for letting me know about that!
What is the probability of getting any result? (Hint: Definition.)

How many results are possible? (Hint: It's a coin.)

What is the probability of getting tails? (Copy down this value.)

What then is the probability of getting not-tails? (Hint: Subtract.)

If you get stuck, please reply with your thoughts and efforts for the above steps. Thank you! ;)