how many 26 degree agles in a 2017 corner

enoimreh7

26 ° in the 2017-corner
How many internal angle of the size 26 ° can at most have a convex 2017−Eck?
(Tip: A n - corner is called convex if it has none about dull (about 180) internal angle.
Thank you for your advise, how to solve this Problem, I have to find the proof.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be a lot easier to help if:

1) You stated the actual and full question or problem statement, and,
2) Gave us up front your best efforts, according to forum guidelines.

2017 corner

It would be a lot easier to help if:

1) You stated the actual and full question or problem statement, and,
2) Gave us up front your best efforts, according to forum guidelines.

Thank you for your answer! This is the whole question. This is, how we were asked to solve the problem.
Sincerly E.

Let's see... [tap][tap] "Mischief Managed"

Nope, that didn't make it any more clear.

Whence came the problem? What section are you studying?

26 ° in the 2017-corner How many internal angle of the size 26 ° can at most have a convex 2017−Eck?
(Tip: A n - corner is called convex if it has none about dull (about 180) internal angle.
Thank you for your advise, how to solve this Problem, I have to find the proof.

It appears that you have tried to translate the problem into English. I will try to clarify what I think it means, and you can tell us if anything is wrong.
In a convex 2017-gon (a polygon with 2017 sides/corners), what is the maximum number of its internal angles that can have measure 26°? (A n-gon is called convex if none of its internal angles are greater than 180°.)

(I initially assumed "dull" must mean "obtuse", but that does not relate to 180° or convex polygons.)

It is important that you tell us what ideas you have about solving this, including what topics you are studying if this is for a class, and show any work you have actually done. Since we don't know your context, we don't know what methods are available to you. But I don't think it requires any complicated methods; just imagine trying to draw the polygon.

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears that you have tried to translate the problem into English. I will try to clarify what I think it means, and you can tell us if anything is wrong.
In a convex 2017-gon (a polygon with 2017 sides/corners), what is the maximum number of its internal angles that can have measure 26°? (A n-gon is called convex if none of its internal angles are greater than 180°.)

(I initially assumed "dull" must mean "obtuse", but that does not relate to 180° or convex polygons.)

It is important that you tell us what ideas you have about solving this, including what topics you are studying if this is for a class, and show any work you have actually done. Since we don't know your context, we don't know what methods are available to you. But I don't think it requires any complicated methods; just imagine trying to draw the polygon.

Dear Dr. Peterson! Thank you for your question: You were right, it does mean ,,obtuse" - in the text of the question it says literally ,,over"-obtuse and I think it means, as you said, that none of its internal angels is greater than 180 degrees, anyway it is just a given definition of when a n-gon is called convex, as not everybody in the class might know right away. Thank you for claryfying the Problem. That is it.
This is a school question, eigth year in school (can be compared to High School??) Sincerly, E.

Last edited:
Dear Dr. Peterson! Thank you for your question: You were right, it does mean ,,obtuse" - in the text of the question it says literally ,,over"-obtuse and I think it means, as you said, that none of its internal angles is greater than 180 degrees, anyway it is just a given definition of when a n-gon is called convex, as not everybody in the class might know right away. This is a school question, eigth year in school (can be compared to Junior High School??) Sincerly, E.

Ah, so when you said "about dull", you meant something like "above obtuse". We don't normally think of "obtuse" as meaning less than 180 as opposed to more than 180; but a somewhat common terms for this is "reflex angle".

So, what work have you done? Have you tried to start the work of drawing an obtuse polygon with as many 26-degree angles as possible? It will not require any difficult thinking, and is fully appropriate to 8th grade.

Let's see... [tap][tap] "Mischief Managed"

Nope, that didn't make it any more clear.

Whence came the problem? What section are you studying?

It is a school exercise, 8th grade, see above, Dr. Peterson helped to clarify the question. Thank you. Sincerly, E.

Ah, so when you said "about dull", you meant something like "above obtuse". We don't normally think of "obtuse" as meaning less than 180 as opposed to more than 180; but a somewhat common terms for this is "reflex angle".

So, what work have you done? Have you tried to start the work of drawing an obtuse polygon with as many 26-degree angles as possible? It will not require any difficult thinking, and is fully appropriate to 8th grade.

Thank you for the ,,reflex angle". This way round the dictionary found it. Sorry for the bad translation.
I will do the drawing and than write again. Sincerly, yours E.