Thread: Profit P(t) = 16 sqrt[t] + 27/t, 0<t<10, t yrs after founding; find t where P is incr

Profit P(t) = 16 sqrt[t] + 27/t, 0<t<10, t yrs after founding; find t where P is incr

This has been bugging me:

The profit P made by a company t years after it has been set up is given by the following equation:

. . . . .[tex]P(t)\, =\, 16\, \sqrt{\strut t\,}\, +\, \dfrac{27}{t},\quad 0\, <\, t\, <\, 10[/tex]

Find the time during which the company's profit is increasing.

I found the first derivative and set it equal to zero but I am unable to solve for t. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stapel; 11-25-2017 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Typing out the text in the graphic; creating useful subject line.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
    This has been bugging me:

The profit P made by a company t years after it has been set up is given by the following equation:

. . . . .[tex]P(t)\, =\, 16\, \sqrt{\strut t\,}\, +\, \dfrac{27}{t},\quad 0\, <\, t\, <\, 10[/tex]

Find the time during which the company's profit is increasing.

I found the first derivative and set it equal to zero but I am unable to solve for t. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you!
    What function did you for dP/dt?
    Last edited by stapel; 11-25-2017 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Copying typed-out graphical content into reply.
    “... mathematics is only the art of saying the same thing in different words” - B. Russell