Calculating possibility of picking your 6 numbers in "Lucky Six" game

spone

Hello! In my region we have a game called `Lucky six`. The game rules are: You are picking 6 numbers in range of 1 to 48 (including 1 and 48). Then the machine on TV is picking 35 of 48 numbers. Your six numbers should be in that 35 of picked ones to get a reward. So my question is:
How much is the chance of picking your 6 numbers? Thanks in advance!

You haven't shown any work or told us why you didn't, so I can only get you started.

The probability is a fraction whose numerator is the number of ways to choose 48 numbers, 6 of which are yours, and whose denominator is the total number of ways to choose any 48 numbers. The resulting probability is not high, but is not very small.

If you need more help, be sure to tell us anything that will help us to know what help you need.

You haven't shown any work or told us why you didn't, so I can only get you started.

The probability is a fraction whose numerator is the number of ways to choose 48 numbers, 6 of which are yours, and whose denominator is the total number of ways to choose any 48 numbers. The resulting probability is not high, but is not very small.

If you need more help, be sure to tell us anything that will help us to know what help you need.

Sorry, but my math is not very good that's why i didn't show any of my work. I didn't even know how to start calculating this. So, you are saying that i should divide 6 with 48, and I'm getting the result of 0.125 which is equal to 12.5% of winning in this game if i understood well? Sorry if Im taking your time, but it's really to me to know the answer. Thanks for reply, and again thanks in advance!!!

You are picking 6 numbers in range of 1 to 48 (including 1 and 48). Then the machine on TV is picking 35 of 48 numbers. Your six numbers should be in that 35 of picked ones to get a reward. What is the probability of winning?

Sorry, but my math is not very good that's why i didn't show any of my work.
What topics have been covered recently in your statistics class? What results, rules, formulas, etc, have you recently learned? (These will probably be useful in finding the expected answer.)

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)

What topics have been covered recently in your statistics class? What results, rules, formulas, etc, have you recently learned? (These will probably be useful in finding the expected answer.)

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)
I finished my school and now Im working so i dont have classes anymore ? I just know that i should post my topic here and thats all unfortunatly

I finished my school and now Im working so i dont have classes anymore ? I just know that i should post my topic here and thats all unfortunatly
Okay, well, the purpose of this forum is to help struggling students figure out how to do these things on their own, so that's the sort of assistance that the volunteers here provide. So we'll need to see what you've tried so far, even if you think it's wrong. Please be complete. Thank you! ;)