Thread: Limit, x=>+infinity, ln(3^x - x) [ ln(x^4 + 1) - 2 ln(x^2 - x) ]

Limit, x=>+infinity, ln(3^x - x) [ ln(x^4 + 1) - 2 ln(x^2 - x) ]

Help for:

. . . . .[tex]\displaystyle \lim_{x \rightarrow \infty}\, \ln\left(3^x\, -\, x\right)\, \big[\ln\left(x^4\, +\, 1\right)\, -\, 2\, \ln\left(x^2\, -\, x\right)\big][/tex]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stapel; 11-30-2017 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Typing out the text in the graphic; creating useful subject line.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noismaker View Post
    Help for:

. . . . .[tex]\displaystyle \lim_{x \rightarrow \infty}\, \ln\left(3^x\, -\, x\right)\, \big[\ln\left(x^4\, +\, 1\right)\, -\, 2\, \ln\left(x^2\, -\, x\right)\big][/tex]
    Have you considered rules of Logarithms? Show us where that gets you.
    Last edited by stapel; 11-30-2017 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Copying typed-out graphical content into reply.
    "Unique Answers Don't Care How You Find Them." - Many may have said it, but I hear it most from me.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Noismaker View Post
    Help for:

What have you covered recently in class? (That is, what tools are you probably expected to use for this exercise?) I mean, yes, we can find the limit by other means, but you can't likely expect your instructor to "trust you for it"; ya gotta show yer work!

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far. Thank you!