Schedule for 4-teams competitions league

bero

Hi, I would like to know how to solve this problem. There are 8 teams in league (suppose that teams are numbers - 1 to 8). I need schedule for team competitions, but there are 4 teams in each competition (not 2 teams as usual). Example of one competition could be (1 - 3 - 5 - 7).
Requirements:
1. Every team has to be the same number of times on each position (in my example team no 1 is on first position, team no 3 is on second position and so on).
2. Every team has the same number of meetings with each other - it's not possible to team no 1 always plays with team no 3 and never with no 2 for example.

Could you help me with this problem?

Hi, I would like to know how to solve this problem. There are 8 teams in league (suppose that teams are numbers - 1 to 8). I need schedule for team competitions, but there are 4 teams in each competition (not 2 teams as usual). Example of one competition could be (1 - 3 - 5 - 7).
Requirements:
1. Every team has to be the same number of times on each position (in my example team no 1 is on first position, team no 3 is on second position and so on).
2. Every team has the same number of meetings with each other - it's not possible to team no 1 always plays with team no 3 and never with no 2 for example.

Could you help me with this problem?
What methods have you been given for this exercise (especially since you're in a grammar-school "Arithmetic" class, rather than "Pre-Algebra" or above)? How far have you gotten in applying that information? Where are you stuck?

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)

What methods have you been given for this exercise (especially since you're in a grammar-school "Arithmetic" class, rather than "Pre-Algebra" or above)? How far have you gotten in applying that information? Where are you stuck?

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)

Hi, thanks for you reply. I don't know what method should I use - this is a question for you ;). This is not a problem from school (I was in school many years ago), this is a problem from real life and I need a solution for it. I'm stuck on the beginning - I don't know how to make a first step. I tried to do it 'by hand' but there are too many possibilities. I would like to create that schedule for 10 teams also so it would be better if I will know the methodology... Will be grateful for any help.