Vectors for astronauts' paths; fuel use for out-and-back; cylinder height

ed3230

Please help Urgent!!!! I am completely lost and im losing my mind. This a very important question that I need solved extremely soon! thanks

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 5.30.14 PM.jpg

The vector that describes astronaut A's trajectory is defined by the following components: (70 meters, 40 meters).

The magnitude and direction of astronaut B's trajectory is defined by the following magnitude and direction: 80.6 meters at 82.87o.

Come to the exploration meeting prepared to answer the following questions:

1. If the ship's airlock is positioned at the origin of a coordinate plane, what are the components of the vector that takes the astronaut to point B?

2. What is the magnitude and direction of astronaut A's vector?

3. Given the distance between the astronauts at their respective observation points, what is the maximum cylinder height of the satellite?

4. What vectors describe each astronaut's path back to the ship?

5. Which astronaut requires the most fuel for their out-and-back maneuver?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 5.30.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 5.30.32 PM.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Please help Urgent!!!! I am completely lost and im losing my mind. This a very important question that I need solved extremely soon! thanks

View attachment 8785

The vector that describes astronaut A's trajectory is defined by the following components: (70 meters, 40 meters).

The magnitude and direction of astronaut B's trajectory is defined by the following magnitude and direction: 80.6 meters at 82.87o.

Come to the exploration meeting prepared to answer the following questions:

1. If the ship's airlock is positioned at the origin of a coordinate plane, what are the components of the vector that takes the astronaut to point B?

2. What is the magnitude and direction of astronaut A's vector?

3. Given the distance between the astronauts at their respective observation points, what is the maximum cylinder height of the satellite?

4. What vectors describe each astronaut's path back to the ship?

5. Which astronaut requires the most fuel for their out-and-back maneuver?
What have you tried? Where are you stuck?

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)