GCSE Mocks Maths Help-Last question

Mrahman

I have just completed the first paper for GCSE Mocks Maths Higher. This was the last question and I would be grateful if anyone was to help me with solving this question
Question.jpg

Please show us where we can find this exam, since it appears to be missing a lot of information.

I searched for a "GCSE Maths Mock Exam", and it does not contain this problem; but according to other posts, the problem appears to have been on the actual 2017 exam. We can't help without seeing (a) the full wording of the actual problem, and (b) whatever work you have been able to do.

If I can find the actual question but I feel like this will be unlikely because considering this test was given about two days ago. I will try to find the actual question. Unfortunatly, I do not know what x is.

If I can find the actual question but I feel like this will be unlikely because considering this test was given about two days ago. I will try to find the actual question. Unfortunatly, I do not know what x is.

We can't really help you solve a problem without knowing what it is. I take it that what you sent us is just your attempted reconstruction of what you recall, and not an official copy of anything?

It appears that you would have been told that AB = BC = x (which is unknown); that BAFE and BCDE are parallelograms; that P and Q are on AE and CE (but not necessarily midpoints) and that AP = BQ = 10. If this is true, then you can obtain the required conclusion by applying the law of cosines to triangles ABC and PBQ in succession; or by working with right triangles and half angles (more difficult).

If you can confirm the problem and show some work, we can help you finish it.