Chemistry related calculations

Mikey1

IMG_20171211_224834.jpg

Really dont know where to start in 2nd and 3rd exercises. First one i started, but still didn't find the correct answer. Going to add first exercise attempt tomorrow. Hope you can help me with those others. Thanks

View attachment 8818

Really dont know where to start in 2nd and 3rd exercises. First one i started, but still didn't find the correct answer. Going to add first exercise attempt tomorrow. Hope you can help me with those others. Thanks
You're aware that we generally can only help with the mathematics, right? So you'll need to provide all of the chemistry-specific information, such as formulas, processes, rules, etc.

The first exercise is:

1. Calculate the percentual difference between the density of pure ozone (M = 48) at 15o C and 1 atm, and at 40o C and 0.9 atm. What is the relative density of ozone at the second set of conditions?

I've never heard of the term "percentual difference". What does this mean? What does "(M = 48)" stand for? I know that "atm" means "atmosphere" or "sea-level atmospheric pressure". Are you supposed to be using a gas law to figure out volumes under the different temperatures and pressures? If so, which law(s)? If not, what are you supposed to be using? What is meant by "relative density" in the context of this exercise?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of all of your thoughts and efforts on the first exercise, so we can try to figure out what's going on (mathematically, at least). Thank you! ;)

Last edited: