Name the postulate or theorem you can use to prove two triangles are equal.

DrGore

(see attachment)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-12-13 at 1.55.33 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2017-12-13 at 1.55.33 PM.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 3
(see attachment)
attachment.php

What are your thoughts? What have you tried? How far have you gotten? Where are you stuck?

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)

What are your thoughts? What have you tried? How far have you gotten? Where are you stuck?

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)

Had just realized I was missing information and was opening it to edit.
I have not started yet, I don't know quite where to start or how I would prove that with any of the theorems given.

I have not started yet, I don't know quite where to start or how I would prove that with any of the theorems given.
Has your geometry class not covered any of these theorems yet?

I don't know quite where to start or how I would prove that with any of the theorems given.

One place to start is to read the statements of the theorems, and perhaps look at some examples of how they can be applied. Do you have those statements in your textbook or elsewhere?

On the other hand, you can start this specific problem by looking at the two triangles, and identifying what corresponding parts are known to be congruent. You might list the parts like this:

Triangle TKS
Triangle TLR
side TK
side TL
side KS
side LR
side TS
side TR
angle T
angle T
angle K
angle L
angle S
angle R

Mark the pairs that you know are congruent, and then think about whether they meet the requirements of each of the theorems. You might also find it helpful to draw copies of the two triangles in the same orientation, so you can more easily see what matches up, and mark the sides and angles to show what you know. Here is a picture that illustrates this. (They call HL "RHS")

One place to start is to read the statements of the theorems, and perhaps look at some examples of how they can be applied. Do you have those statements in your textbook or elsewhere?

On the other hand, you can start this specific problem by looking at the two triangles, and identifying what corresponding parts are known to be congruent. You might list the parts like this:

Triangle TKSTriangle TLR
side TKside TL
side KSside LR
side TSside TR
angle Tangle T
angle Kangle L
angle Sangle R

Mark the pairs that you know are congruent, and then think about whether they meet the requirements of each of the theorems. You might also find it helpful to draw copies of the two triangles in the same orientation, so you can more easily see what matches up, and mark the sides and angles to show what you know. Here is a picture that illustrates this. (They call HL "RHS")

So if there are none marked for what I need how do I find that information? Becuase from what I can see it doesn't include any of the marked info for what I need currently.

So if there are none marked for what I need how do I find that information? Becuase from what I can see it doesn't include any of the marked info for what I need currently.

In this problem, they have both marked and stated the congruences (of angles, though not of sides). I don't see how you can say nothing is marked; but in general you should primarily go by what is explicitly stated, anyway. What does the problem tell you? That is, read the "givens". Typically, you will read what you are told, and make appropriate markings on the picture for yourself; that won't usually have been done for you.

In this problem, they have both marked and stated the congruences (of angles, though not of sides). I don't see how you can say nothing is marked; but in general you should primarily go by what is explicitly stated, anyway. What does the problem tell you? That is, read the "givens". Typically, you will read what you are told, and make appropriate markings on the picture for yourself; that won't usually have been done for you.

Oh dear lord. Well, this is a necro but no good deed should go unthanked. So thank you very much for the help! I had thought that I already had thanked you for the help when in fact I had not and only realized that I didn't after coming back again.

Thank you, dear Jesus helper.
~Gore

necro-
Word Origin
1. a combining form meaning “the dead,” “corpse,” “dead tissue,”
used in the formation of compound words.
Dracula was a necrophiliac!!