Data Analysis: There are 147 buses that are cleaned by one cleaner every 114 days....

biglayh

There are 147 buses that are cleaned by one cleaner every 114 days. Each cleaner can do two buses a day seven days a week. The buses need to be cleaned every 75 days. How many cleaners do I need and how do I go about calculating this?

Well, you dig in and start calculating. Generally a schedule of some sort is helpful. Spreadsheets are wonderful things.

There are 147 buses that are cleaned by one cleaner every 114 days. Each cleaner can do two buses a day seven days a week. The buses need to be cleaned every 75 days. How many cleaners do I need and how do I go about calculating this?

I'm not sure what the 114 days means, in comparison to the 75 days. But it seems to me that if one cleaner does 2 buses a day, then in 75 days he can do 150 buses, and your needs are taken care of! They've all been cleaned within the required time. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Note that what I've done is what tkhunny suggested: just start calculating SOMETHING, and you'll have a better idea what to do next. You don't have to wait until you know exactly everything you'll need to do; each step you take increases your understanding of the problem. On my end, by trying something and telling you my results, I've hopefully helped you clarify the problem, if I haven't provided the answer.