Trying to figure out how long my propane will last

durangod

Hi, i am in an RV this winter and i am trying to figure out how long my propane will last in my tank. So i figured the best place to ask was a math forum :)

The facts that i know so far:

1. its about 30 deg outside now.
2. i have my windows covered up on the inside with blankets and towels.
3. I have been timing the heater on and off and the average is that it runs for about 6 minutes and then it pauses for about 10 min and repeat all day. So i know that im losing 6 min of heat every 10 min.
4. I have a 30 Pound propane tank (actually 2 but lets caculate 1 for now) it holds 7 gals of propane and from what i have read it will burn at the rate of about 3.5 hours per gallon of propain.
5. I have a 25000 btu furnace.
6. I am not using the stove or the hot water heater and the fridge is on electric.

Im trying to calcuate this figuring a 24 hour day but i get lost in the math.

I was wondering if anyone here could assist me in figuring out how long the 7 gals of propane will last. I know i probably gave you way too many facts and many of them dont matter but i thought i would give them to you just in case.

Thanks so much. :)

Hi, i am in an RV this winter and i am trying to figure out how long my propane will last in my tank. So i figured the best place to ask was a math forum :)

The facts that i know so far:

1. its about 30 deg outside now.
2. i have my windows covered up on the inside with blankets and towels.
3. I have been timing the heater on and off and the average is that it runs for about 6 minutes and then it pauses for about 10 min and repeat all day. So i know that im losing 6 min of heat every 10 min.
4. I have a 30 Pound propane tank (actually 2 but lets caculate 1 for now) it holds 7 gals of propane and from what i have read it will burn at the rate of about 3.5 hours per gallon of propain.
5. I have a 25000 btu furnace.
6. I am not using the stove or the hot water heater and the fridge is on electric.

Im trying to calcuate this figuring a 24 hour day but i get lost in the math.

I was wondering if anyone here could assist me in figuring out how long the 7 gals of propane will last. I know i probably gave you way too many facts and many of them dont matter but i thought i would give them to you just in case.

Thanks so much. :)
Quick calculation:

The furnace is on for 6 min out 16 minutes - so in a day the furnace is on for (6/16*24*60=) 540 minutes = 9 hours/day

gas used 1 gallon → 3.5 hours

7 gallons → (3.5*7=) 24.5 hours → (24.5/9=) 2.72 days

Quick calculation:

The furnace is on for 6 min out 16 minutes - so in a day the furnace is on for (6/16*24*60=) 540 minutes = 9 hours/day

gas used 1 gallon → 3.5 hours

7 gallons → (3.5*7=) 24.5 hours → (24.5/9=) 2.72 days

Thanks so much i was making this way too complicated in my head. I am on a limited income and so i have to budget this.

Thank you again so very much... :)

Dave