Typing Non-Solidus Fraction

KWF

How are non-solidus fractions (fractions where the numerator and denominator are placed left and right of a slash mark) typed on this question-posting area? I have seen answers with fractions to questions expressed without using a slash mark.

How are non-solidus fractions (fractions where the numerator and denominator are placed left and right of a slash mark) typed on this question-posting area? I have seen answers with fractions to questions expressed without using a slash mark.
By using LaTeX, a formatting language available through this site. It is a fussy beast to use. I do not recommend it to students, who need to concentrate on math, not the syntax of a formatting language.

If you want to see how LaTeX is used, you can pretend you are going to reply to the message you are interested in, quoting it, and see what it looks like in the original form. For example, try responding to me!

Here is a fraction: \(\displaystyle \dfrac{3}{4}\)