Optimizing Measurements: Volume/Surface Area of square-based prism

.chelsea

2. You need to ship USB cables in a small cardboard square-based prism box. The box must have a capacity of 750 cm8 but use the smallest amount of cardboard.

(a) What are the dimensions of the box?
(b) How much cardboard will you be using?

I need some help with how I do this question, step by step please. I am a little confused on how to find out the dimensions with only the information given.

Last edited by a moderator:
2. You need to ship USB cables in a small cardboard square-based prism box. The box must have a capacity of 750 cm8 but use the smallest amount of cardboard.

(a) What are the dimensions of the box?
(b) How much cardboard will you be using?

I need some help with how I do this question, step by step please.…
This is a tutoring web site; we do not provide step-by-step solutions.

Please read the forum guidelines.

Show us what you've been able to do, so far. Which part of this exercise is confusing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. I am having a lot of trouble figuring out what I need to start off with. I don’t know what formulas to use, or if I’m supposed to be using another way to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know these formulas?

Yes, I know those formulas. I have figured out the question, a friend talked me through what I needed to start with and how to find the dimensions. Thank you, anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I know those formulas. I have figured out the question, a friend talked me through what I needed to start with and how to find the dimensions.
For other students who may encounter similar difficulties, kindly please reply with what was causing you the confusion and where you were getting stuck. Thank you! ;)