Find area ABCD in a rectangle. The numbers are the areas inside the rectangle.

yma16

ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 10 00.00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You haven't posted one word about what you've already done or why you're stuck. Therefore, it is simply not possible to determine how to help you, at this point.

Please read the forum guidelines.

View attachment 8965
For what do the numbers stand? Are they angle measures, areas, lengths, or something else? What other information have you been given (such as the units)? Are you familiar with geometry at all (such as formulas for areas of triangles, etc)?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far. Thank you! ;)

I have no idea about the problem. Someone told the answer.

For what do the numbers stand? Are they angle measures, areas, lengths, or something else? What other information have you been given (such as the units)? Are you familiar with geometry at all (such as formulas for areas of triangles, etc)?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far. Thank you! ;)

The numbers are the size of the areas. For example, 20 means the left triangle size is 20. Someone told me a clue which is to add two lines and use the fact below:

The two diagonals partition a quadrilateral into four triangles. The product of the sizes of two opposite triangles equals the product of the sizes of two other opposite triangles, which I can prove.