How to insert the integral sign

kinosh

I'm new here and have an integral question. How do I post an equation with the integral sign? Thanks!

I'm new here and have an integral question. How do I post an equation with the integral sign? Thanks!
If you're using Windows, the integral sign is in the Character Map:

∫ f(x) dx

Or, you can type any convention that makes sense:

int[ f(x) dx, x=a..b ]

int[a,b] f(x) dx

In the forum guidelines, there's a link to a site which explains how to type math as text. Check it out. :cool:

The LaTex typesetting system is also available. Its use requires learning programming codes and syntax. You can google for tutorials and examples, but, unless you plan on using it a lot, the learning curve may not be worth the effort for you. Also, be forewarned that there are different implementations of LaTex on the Internet; not everything you may see works the same way here (if at all).

If you'd like to view the coding for any LaTex you see rendered here, you may right-click on the LaTex expression and use the pop-up menu to: Show Math As → TeX Commands.

At this site, each line of LaTex coding must be enclosed within \(\displaystyle \text{[te}\text{x]}\) and \(\displaystyle \text{[/te}\text{x]}\) tags. :cool:

\(\displaystyle \displaystyle \int_{a}^{b} 3x^2 + 7x - 10 \; \text{dx}\)