Inverse Proportionality: A is inversely proportional to B, and A is 5/3 when B is 8/5

dc10195

Hello! Hope everyone is well. I'm having trouble with an inverse proportionality problem:

"You know A is inversely proportional to B, and A is 5/3 when B is 8/5. What is A when B is 1/12?"

Thank you!

Hello! Hope everyone is well. I'm having trouble with an inverse proportionality problem:

"You know A is inversely proportional to B, and A is 5/3 when B is 8/5. What is A when B is 1/12?"

Thank you!

A ∞ 1/B

A = K * (1/B) ← Calculate the value of "K" from " A is 5/3 when B is 8/5"

continue.....

To learn how to set up and solve direct-, inverse-, and joint-proportionality exercises, try here. Once you have studied the lesson and learned the basic terms and techniques, please attempt the exercise, starting with the help provided in the previous reply; namely, that the variation equation will be of the form:

. . . . .\(\displaystyle A\, =\, \dfrac{k}{B}\)

Do the plug-n-chug for k, and then do the plug-n-chug for A. If you get stuck, you can then reply with a clear listing of your steps so far. Thank you! ;)