Investment interest rate word problem: Clarence invested $5,000 in Amazon and...

Cuzzo

Clarence invested $5,000 in Amazon and $3,000 in Google. At the end of the year Clarence earned $1,500 in interest. What
interest rate did Clarence receive for each stock if Amazon’s rate was half as much as Google’s?

If you could show work it would help me a lot. Can’t remember how to do these ones

I will do about half the problem for you.

A = Amount invested in Amazon
G = Amount invested in Google.

There it is!

Rule of Thumb: If it asks for something, NAME IT so that you can talk about it.

Okay, now what?

Clarence invested $5,000 in Amazon and $3,000 in Google. At the end of the year Clarence earned $1,500 in interest. What
interest rate did Clarence receive for each stock if Amazon’s rate was half as much as Google’s?

If you could show work it would help me a lot. Can’t remember how to do these ones
You have loads of worked examples in your textbook and in your class notes, in addition to what you've seen on the various websites you've consulted. So us doing one more worked example is highly unlikely to get you any further.

You were given two variables, in a tongue-in-cheek way, in an attempt to get you engaged. Let's try again. Since the Amazon interest rate was defined in terms of the Google interest rate, let's define as follows:

. . .interest rates:
. . . . .g: Google shares' rate
. . . . .[?]: Amazon share's rate

Given the variable for the interest rate on Google shares, what expression (using that variable) would represent the interest rate on the Amazon shares? (translating word problems)

What expressions would stand for the interest earned on each type of shares? (how-to)

With the given total, what equation can you then create?

What is the solution to that equation? (how-to)

What then are the two interest rates?

Please reply showing your work for each of the questions above, for as far as you were able to get. Thank you! ;)