Thread: Third-Party Image Hosting Sites: A WARNING

Third-Party Image Hosting Sites: A WARNING

I have already found that links to imgur are not allowed in this forum. We simply cannot control all of the inappropriate images that the imgur site adds to their pages.

Do not post URLs to the imgur site.

It has come to my attention that tinypic is problematic, as well. My latest experience at that site tells me that members and our guests are at risk of downloading malware or other commercial nonsense, by intentionally or accidentally clicking on fake, pop-up warnings about their computer. I'm certain that people here will also agree that we do not appreciate tinypic's aggressive advertising which opens additional, hidden instances of your browser to start video or audio advertising without permission or request.

Do not post URLs to the tinypic site.

PLEASE choose an appropriate image-hosting site. It's best to attempt insertion of your hosted graphic file, using the Insert Image tags versus posting an URL. This usually results in only your image being displayed, with no clickable path to the hosting site. That's best.

Alternately, you may upload your appropriately sized, cropped, and rotated images directly to our server. See the FAQ. If you need help, post your situation on the Administrative Issues board, and someone will help. Also pay attention to the various image-size restrictions (listed by file extension). Your attached image may not render legibly because the forum software must reduce over-sized images to fit the forum's post frame. Please use the Preview Post button, to check your post's images and typing, before submitting.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation, in helping us to keep the boards a safe, pleasant, and professional environment.

~ MarkBot
    Last edited by mmm4444bot; 01-25-2018 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Formatting
    "English is the most ambiguous language in the world." ~ Yours Truly, 1969