Referral?

Whutever42

I was looking at my statistics for this website and noticed I have one referral. Is a referral good or bad and how can I view what it was for?
Thank you!

I was looking at my statistics for this website and noticed I have one referral. Is a referral good or bad and how can I view what it was for?
Thank you!
I'll look up your information, once I've finished today's housekeeping. Maybe your buddy mentioned your username, during their registration process.

Yes, I think that my guess is probably correct.

When chris84567 registered, they indicated that they were referred to this forum by Whutever42.

I surmise that the v-Bulletin developers thought that it would be nice for users to "earn" referral points, or something to that effect. What they forgot to consider is that users might then desire to know What It's All About and from whom the referrals come. It appears that users must ask.

You can decide whether your buddy "point" is a good or bad thing.
;) ;)

I think it's nice.

[video=youtube;XPcCrnSTvM8]https://youtu.be/XPcCrnSTvM8?t=191[/video]

Yes, I think that my guess is probably correct.

When chris84567 registered, they indicated that they were referred to this forum by Whutever42.

I surmise that the v-Bulletin developers thought that it would be nice for users to "earn" referral points, or something to that effect. What they forgot to consider is that users might then desire to know What It's All About and from whom the referrals come. It appears that users must ask.

You can decide whether your buddy "point" is a good or bad thing.
;) ;)

I think it's nice.

Ok so it seems that it is not negative and I do know about chris84567

… I do know about chris84567
This intrigued me, so I conducted some investigative work (similar to my security vetting of members whose credentials or other profile information matches patterns of known spammers).

I'm not pleased with what I discovered.

Both accounts (Whutever42 and chris84567) have been temporarily deactivated.

Please log-in, and follow the instruction provided in the status announcement which the system provides after you enter your username and password.

~ MarkBot

Thank you for your cooperation. Both accounts have been reopened. I will contact each of you again after 30 days, by private message. ~ MarkBot