Thread: Simplifying equation with logarithm 12(3sqrt5/8 - ln(sqrt5/2 + 3/2)/2)-0

Simplifying equation with logarithm 12(3sqrt5/8 - ln(sqrt5/2 + 3/2)/2)-0

Hello, I'm new here so please don't fault me too much if I don't know proper etiquette.

I'm trying to figure out where ln(64) comes from when simplifying 12(3sqrt5/8 - ln(sqrt5/2 + 3/2)/2)-0

the simplified version yields 1/2(9sqrt5/2+ln(64)-6ln(3+sqrt5)). It yields the correct answer in my overall problem but I can't figure out where the ln(64) comes from when I'm simplifying

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    Hello, I'm new here so please don't fault me too much if I don't know proper etiquette.

I'm trying to figure out where ln(64) comes from when simplifying 12(3sqrt5/8 - ln(sqrt5/2 + 3/2)/2)-0

the simplified version yields 1/2(9sqrt5/2+ln(64)-6ln(3+sqrt5)). It yields the correct answer in my overall problem but I can't figure out where the ln(64) comes from when I'm simplifying
    Hint: 2^6 = 64
    “... mathematics is only the art of saying the same thing in different words” - B. Russell

Cool

Just FYI: It helps to show your work, so we can understand where things are going wrong. Also, what you've posted contains no "equals" sign, so it's an "expression", not an "equation".

...I can't figure out where the ln(64) comes from when I'm simplifying
    What are you doing when you're simplifying?

Please show all your steps. Thank you!

It was a lot for me to work this problem and I had help lol so it would be a lot to post here, but thanks for the help guys!