Ferris Wheel Problem: max ht 292ft, wheel diam 280ft; find eqn if...

RadicalSparkz

A Ferris Wheel has a maximum height of 292 feet and a wheel diameter of 280 feet. Find an equation for the wheel if the center of the wheel is on the y-axis and y represents the height above the round. And I have to do it in standard form, its really diffucult

A Ferris Wheel has a maximum height of 292 feet and a wheel diameter of 280 feet. Find an equation for the wheel if the center of the wheel is on the y-axis and y represents the height above the round. And I have to do it in standard form, its really diffucult
I don't know what you mean by "doing" this exercise "in standard form"...? Is this some method that your book requires you to follow? Either way:

I'm assuming that "height above the round" is meant to say "height above the ground". However, the wheel revolves on its axis, and never moves higher or lower, with respect to the ground. Are you maybe actually supposed to find an equation for a car on the wheel, or a spot on the wheel?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far, so we can see where you're having difficulties. Thank you! ;)

Presumably, the "standard form" is some particular form for the answer, like h = Acos(Bt + C) + D, perhaps. There is no such thing as a universal "standard form", so it will help if you tell us specifically what the requirements are. Also, be sure to quote the problem word for word, exactly as given to you, and show whatever part of the work you can do, so we can see where you need help.