Parabolic word problem.

Matts

Michael jumps off the 33-foot platform with an initial upward velocity of 15 feet per second. What is his maximum height? How long until he hits the water? Let his height
be defined by the function h(x)=16t2+v0t+h0.

I have the equation set up and graphed as h(x)=16t2+15t+33 where V0 is velocity and h0 is height. When i graph it though i get an infinite max height and infinite time considering its a parabola that opens upward. I might be plugging the variables in wrong not sure.

There was a problem like this on my homework which i did correctly but since its online homework i cant go back and view it because it was due yesterday.

Michael jumps off the 33-foot platform with an initial upward velocity of 15 feet per second. What is his maximum height? How long until he hits the water? Let his height
be defined by the function h(x)=16t2+v0t+h0.

I have the equation set up and graphed as h(x)=16t2+15t+33 where V0 is velocity and h0 is height. When i graph it though i get an infinite max height and infinite time considering its a parabola that opens upward. I might be plugging the variables in wrong not sure.

There was a problem like this on my homework which i did correctly but since its online homework i cant go back and view it because it was due yesterday.
I believe that equation should be:

h(x)= - 16t2 + 15t + 33 (watch that negative sign in front of 16)

This is because your 'x' is upward positive - but the gravity is pulling you downward (negative)

I was just thinking that a "Hyperbolic Word Problem" would be WAY more important than it really should be. I don't know about a parabolic word problem. Shouldn't it contain a useful short story for teaching life's lessons?