Math report: "You have decided to landscape your back garden, and have chosen to...."

Lward100

Math report: "You have decided to landscape your back garden, and have chosen to...."

Hi
i have to write a math report but first have to solve the area of an image then work out the rest
i am failing at this so any help would be ace! Thanks

liam

Hi
Can you help?
68F84351-9250-4CBD-B69F-19576DA2F190.jpg68F84351-9250-4CBD-B69F-19576DA2F190.jpg

You have decided to landscape your back garden, and have chosen to:

place a border around your pond (A)
replace the broken fence surrounding the garden
build a raised patio in section B
spray your lawn with lawn food (it's looking a little patchy)
You can find a outline of your garden in Unit 2 - Assessment Resource.

You may find it helpful to print it out to view as you work through this assessment.

Part 1
Before you buy materials, you need to work out how much you will need. As such, you need to calculate the following:

the circumference of the pond
the perimeter of the garden
the patio area
the lawn area
Please remember to show your workings!

Part 2
You have arrived at the store and managed to find everything you need. You now need to work out how much each of the materials will cost:

Fencing is £6 per panel
Decorative fencing is £8 per panel
Fencing panels are 1.5m in length
Border blocks for water features cost £5.40 per bag. Each bag covers 2m
Patio slabs are £9.50 per box of 10
Each patio slab measures 60cm x 60cm
Lawn food costs £3 per bottle. Each bottle covers 3 square metres
Remember to show your workings, and to provide a total cost at the end.

Part 3
A) What if you had originally measured everything in your garden using the Imperial system of feet and inches? What difficulties might you have faced once you arrived at the store? It is easier to use one system than another? Why do you think the UK changed from the Imperial system to the Metric system in 1995?

Write approximately 150 words to answer the above questions.

? Discuss the limitations and disadvantages of using mathematical models in this assessment scenario. Looking again at your garden outline, are there any real life factors that have not been taken into consideration?

Hi, Liam.

We can help you with your problem IF you show us what help you need. We will not just give you the answer, because that would not help you learn. And in order to help you work it out yourself, we need to see how much you can already do, and where you are struggling. For example, do you not know what a circumference is, and how to calculate it? Or are you just having trouble applying this formula?

Give us a place to start, and we can help you get started on the next steps.

But otherwise, all I can suggest is that you read your textbook or class notes and start learning how to do this. Surely you can find examples and formulas there. And if you don't understand something you read, you can ask us about it.

Hi

i just would like help with finding the area of the 2 shapes as I am struggling

thanks

Hi, Liam.

We can help you with your problem IF you show us what help you need. We will not just give you the answer, because that would not help you learn. And in order to help you work it out yourself, we need to see how much you can already do, and where you are struggling. For example, do you not know what a circumference is, and how to calculate it? Or are you just having trouble applying this formula?

Give us a place to start, and we can help you get started on the next steps.

But otherwise, all I can suggest is that you read your textbook or class notes and start learning how to do this. Surely you can find examples and formulas there. And if you don't understand something you read, you can ask us about it.

i just would like help with finding the area of the 2 shapes as I am struggling
Great! Please reply showing us what you've done so far, so we can see what's going on and where you're getting stuck. Thank you! ;)