Transversal Challenge problem

jlerig

https://docs.google.com/drawings/u/1/d/sYnZXPowmi4Ch2fL2S5sQTQ/image?w=673&h=454&rev=3&ac=1

Hey, so I have the above problem and I am at a loss of how to finish solving the problem. I am supposed to identify all the values of the numbered angles but I am stuck.

I know angle 1, 4, & 5 are all 60deg using the vertical angle theorem and alternate interior angles, but after that I am stuck.

I know angle 2 & 3 add together to be 120deg. can it be assumed that it is split evenly?

Can someone give me some advice as how to keep moving forward because I am stuck. Thanks.

Attachments

• transversal.jpg
    transversal.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
https://docs.google.com/drawings/u/1/d/sYnZXPowmi4Ch2fL2S5sQTQ/image?w=673&h=454&rev=3&ac=1

Hey, so I have the above problem and I am at a loss of how to finish solving the problem. I am supposed to identify all the values of the numbered angles but I am stuck.

I know angle 1, 4, & 5 are all 60deg using the vertical angle theorem and alternate interior angles, but after that I am stuck.

I know angle 2 & 3 add together to be 120deg. can it be assumed that it is split evenly?

Can someone give me some advice as how to keep moving forward because I am stuck. Thanks.

Unless there is additional information given, it is impossible to determine angles 2, 3, 6, 7, 8. You can't just assume 2 and 3 are equal unless you are told, say, that line d bisects the angle. As it is, there is nothing to determine the direction of line d.

Can you quote the exact wording of the problem?

(The link at the top is not accessible without permission; all I see is the picture you attached.)

Unless there is additional information given, it is impossible to determine angles 2, 3, 6, 7, 8. You can't just assume 2 and 3 are equal unless you are told, say, that line d bisects the angle. As it is, there is nothing to determine the direction of line d.

Can you quote the exact wording of the problem?

(The link at the top is not accessible without permission; all I see is the picture you attached.)
Thank you, I will reach out to my teacher. The only directions were "Find the values of the labeled angles."