Thread: Does right angle (90 degree) include 'Positive and Negative angles''?

Thumbs up Does right angle (90 degree) include 'Positive and Negative angles''?

Do right angle or right side (90 degrees) triangles include ''Positive angles'' and 'Negative angles"? Could you explain it, please? I am confused.

Elite Member
    1) The question makes no sense as presented.
    2) Triangles don't have negative angles.

Are you wondering if we can add angles, both positive and negative? Sure. Why not?
    "Unique Answers Don't Care How You Find Them." - Many may have said it, but I hear it most from me.

Thumbs up

Yes, I made a mistake. actually, my question is that
    Do right angles include ''both positive and Negative angles"? Could you explain it with a diagram, please? I am confused. Thanking you,

Elite Member
    That's better. A right angle is a right angle, no matter the orientation or the direction in which it may be measured.

Picture a square. It has four Right Angles - all with different orientation. The square has no inherent direction. Pick whichever direction you like as positive or negative.
    "Unique Answers Don't Care How You Find Them." - Many may have said it, but I hear it most from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Indranil View Post
    Yes, I made a mistake. actually, my question is that
    Do right angles include ''both positive and Negative angles"? Could you explain it with a diagram, please? I am confused. Thanking you,
    Measured amounts (degrees, miles, apples) are positive - you start at 0 and go up. Measured changes relative to certain frame of reference can be positive and negative, depends on the setup. E. g. when giving directions right turns can be 90 degrees, left -90. After shopping the change in the amount of apples is positive, after eating them - negative. 15 minutes represent 90 degree change of the angle of the minute clock hand. Travel 15 minutes back in time and the change would be -90 degrees.