Angle Problem: Steel table made with 2.5 inch square tube

Cody

IMG_0157.jpg

This is a steel table I'm building. The legs and feet are made of 2.5 inch square tube. There is a quarter inch plate at the top to hold a 1.75 inch wooden butcher block. From the side, the table is to be 72 inches long and 30 inches high. The height is to the top of the wooden block. I need to know the length and angles to cut the legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 9203

This is a steel table I'm building. The legs and feet are made of 2.5 inch square tube. There is a quarter inch plate at the top to hold a 1.75 inch wooden butcher block. From the side, the table is to be 72 inches long and 30 inches high. The height is to the top of the wooden block. I need to know the length and angles to cut the legs.
We can help students with "ideal" mathematics (where, for instance, surfaces such as that of a sphere have zero thickness). But I'm not sure if anybody here is an engineer or contractor, who could provide you with the diagrams, etc, that you seek. (And, even if there are those with the necessary qualifications, they may not want to do this project for free!) Have you considered hiring someone? Maybe Amazon's Mechanical Turk could put you in touch with a suitable professional...?

Either way, good luck with your project! ;)

We can help students with "ideal" mathematics (where, for instance, surfaces such as that of a sphere have zero thickness). But I'm not sure if anybody here is an engineer or contractor, who could provide you with the diagrams, etc, that you seek. (And, even if there are those with the necessary qualifications, they may not want to do this project for free!) Have you considered hiring someone? Maybe Amazon's Mechanical Turk could put you in touch with a suitable professional...?

Either way, good luck with your project! ;)

So you're saying you aren't intelligent enough to solve the problem. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk