How to work out Effective Yield for Investment Plans with different payout time?

nicholasbcli

Dear All, I have a question on how to calculate the effective yield of an investment and if someone can help to create an excel to solve this for me it will be the best!
Firstly both are lump sum investments.

Investment A - 1 Time Lump Sum Investment of $95,727.30. The returns will be 10 Years later. The investment return will be paid out in the beginning of the 11th Year.
The payout will be $981.33 Monthly for a period of 15 Years. The total returns will be $176,640.

Investment B - 1 Time Lump Sum Investment of $95,544.00. The returns will be 10 Years later. The investment return will be paid out in the beginning of the 11th Year.
The payout will be $720 Monthly for a period of 15 Years. At the end of the 15th Year, there will be a maturity payout of $76,906. the total returns will be $206,506.

What will be the effective yield for this 2 investments.

Many Thanks in advance!

Dear All, I have a question on how to calculate the effective yield of an investment and if someone can help to create an excel to solve this for me it will be the best!
Firstly both are lump sum investments.

Investment A - 1 Time Lump Sum Investment of $95,727.30. The returns will be 10 Years later. The investment return will be paid out in the beginning of the 11th Year.
The payout will be $981.33 Monthly for a period of 15 Years. The total returns will be $176,640.

Investment B - 1 Time Lump Sum Investment of $95,544.00. The returns will be 10 Years later. The investment return will be paid out in the beginning of the 11th Year.
The payout will be $720 Monthly for a period of 15 Years. At the end of the 15th Year, there will be a maturity payout of $76,906. the total returns will be $206,506.

What will be the effective yield for this 2 investments.

Many Thanks in advance!

These appear to be standard Bond / Coupon arrangements. Where are you stuck? For starters, the payment streams are sufficiently complicated that it is unlikely you will be able to solve directly for the total investment return. You will need an iterative or numerical method to find a solution. MS Excel might do that if you now how to use that functionality. Draw a cash flow map and share your result.