scale help

T-watkin

hi !

I want to convert answers in a questionnaire from 0-10 (ie 11 options) to 1-5

what do I multiply each 0-10 response by please to get the correct corresponding scale point at 1-5?

thanks!

hi !

what do I multiply each 0-10 response by please to get the correct corresponding scale point at 1-5?

thanks!
What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/for

I think I need to convert it using fractions.

each point on the 0 - 10 scale is an 11th or 0.0909

so I divide each answer by that figure... then multiply by 5?

If you want a linear scale in which x=0 corresponds to y=1, and x=10 corresponds to y=5, then one approach is to find the equation of a line passing through the points (0,1) and (10,5). It will not be just multiplication, but will also require addition. You can also work this out without algebra.

Give that a try, and show us where you need help. (Or at least tell us the context of the question, so we can tell how much to expect you to do for yourself.)

guys - I'm a 45 year old company director writing a report. my researchers (unavailable on a Sunday) have used this 0-10 scale on certain questions, but my industry benchmarking is ranged 1-5 for the same.

- apologies if this is the wrong place to ask... and I dont want to appear rude - but am searching for a simple solution without really wanting to know the working. purely because I'm on deadline!

I'm in the wrong place probably. sorry

hi !

thanks!
old scoreNew score

Multiply old score by 0.4 and add 1 - to get new score

You'll be receiving an invoice from Mr. Khan soon.
Multiply it by .4 then add 10 instead of 1 :cool:
So the problem continues. How much can Mr. Khan state on the invoice so that after your transformation he will get more?

guys - I'm a 45 year old company director writing a report. my researchers (unavailable on a Sunday) have used this 0-10 scale on certain questions, but my industry benchmarking is ranged 1-5 for the same.

- apologies if this is the wrong place to ask... and I dont want to appear rude - but am searching for a simple solution without really wanting to know the working. purely because I'm on deadline!

I'm in the wrong place probably. sorry
And this is why you need to take math classes, children: so you don't end up hoping an online volunteer somewhere can do your job for you over the weekend on the sly. ;)