Define logic/suggestion for assessing my accuracy

rayted

Hi guys,

I am being asked by my manager to be monitored for my tasks which I regularly do but make mistakes occasionally.

There are 5 things I will be assessed on for tasks which I do on a monthly basis (and will do these tasks at least 5 times).

I will be assessed on:

- wrong file name
- wrong date inserted
- data is not updated (anywhere within the spreadsheet)
- headers and footers are not updated
- spelling mistakes

How should I ask to be measured? I.e. 1 mark for each of the above out of 5? If I make 1 mistake I can be penalised? But if I use the wrong file name that maybe is not as significant as me not updating data in a cell.

Can someone give me a suggestion please?

Thank you.

Hi guys,

I am being asked by my manager to be monitored for my tasks which I regularly do but make mistakes occasionally.

There are 5 things I will be assessed on for tasks which I do on a monthly basis (and will do these tasks at least 5 times).

I will be assessed on:

- wrong file name
- wrong date inserted
- data is not updated (anywhere within the spreadsheet)
- headers and footers are not updated
- spelling mistakes

How should I ask to be measured? I.e. 1 mark for each of the above out of 5? If I make 1 mistake I can be penalised? But if I use the wrong file name that maybe is not as significant as me not updating data in a cell.

Can someone give me a suggestion please?

Thank you.

These are all judgement calls - the "gravity" of a particular mistake depends on the charter of the organization.

Thus your manager would be the best person to advise you on this occasion.

Seems to be a very lazy boss. The OP is supposed to develop a metric so the employee can be evaluated by the boss. I am not saying that such bosses do not exist. I just never got to benefit from one.

if the OP tells me the contact information of that boss, I'll rebate 10% of my consulting fees to the OP.

My boss was giving targets which I felt was not fair i.e if i make a spelling mistake that maybe should not be penalised as strongly as me not updating data