Linear Equations Help: Desmos: y<0{y<8>x}{y<x+5}{y>2x-11}{y>2x+5}{-y>x-13}

Schemb

Linear Equations Help: Desmos: y<0{y<8>x}{y<x+5}{y>2x-11}{y>2x+5}{-y>x-13}

Hello, I have been doing a math game on a site called desmos.com using linear equations where you post a linear equation to collect points by passing through cirtain points on a graph and I have used linear equations to create a shaded hexagon on the graph but I was wondering if there is any way to hollow out some of the middle so I don't collect negative points, this is the equation:
y<0{y<8>x}{y<x+5}{y>2x-11}{y>2x+5}{-y>x-13}, If you need anywhere to visually solve this then you can use desmos.com/calculator to see more of what you are doing with the equation

Hello, I have been doing a math game on a site called desmos.com using linear equations where you post a linear equation to collect points by passing through cirtain points on a graph and I have used linear equations to create a shaded hexagon on the graph but I was wondering if there is any way to hollow out some of the middle so I don't collect negative points, this is the equation:
y<0{y<8>x}{y<x+5}{y>2x-11}{y>2x+5}{-y>x-13}, If you need anywhere to visually solve this then you can use desmos.com/calculator to see more of what you are doing with the equation

I understand that this is Desmos notation, where the inequalities in braces are restrictions ("anded" with the main inequality to reduce the region graphed). But it doesn't give a graph that looks anything like you described; are you sure you copied it correctly? In particular, is that odd part, {y<8>x}, what you intended? Is it even valid Desmos notation?

I also have no idea what it means to "collect negative points"; can you give us a link to the instructions for the game, so we can see what your goal is? If the rule is that you have to use linear equations, have you broken it by using inequalities instead?

In any case, this question is at least in part about using Desmos, not just the math itself, so we may need to learn more about it. (I am familiar with using Desmos, but am not by any means a power user.)