probability egg will break while being removed from box is 0.04

denisdon

Can someone please help with this question
The probability that an egg will break while being removed from a box is 0.04. What is the probability that out of a box of 50 eggs, more than two will break?

Can someone please help with this question
The probability that an egg will break while being removed from a box is 0.04. What is the probability that out of a box of 50 eggs, more than two will break?
As our name indicates, we provide help, not answers.

First, can you calculate the probability that no eggs will break? What is it?

What is the probability that exactly one egg will break?

How about exactly two eggs?

Is that enough information to let you calculate the probability that no, one, or two eggs will break?

If so, what is that probability and is it of any use toward answering your problem?

no help at all!!!

I just wanted the calculations on how to tackle this type of question but instead i got alot of regurgitated facts that i know and dont help me at all so if you are not the only one who can answer this can someone else help me and if you all cant then fine, i will just get the answer elsewhere, ok??!!

I just wanted the calculations on how to tackle this type of question but instead i got alot of regurgitated facts that i know and dont help me at all so if you are not the only one who can answer this can someone else help me and if you all cant then fine, i will just get the answer elsewhere, ok??!!
Maybe you should tell us what you need help with? You seem to think that doing the problem for you will help you. I promise that no helper on this forum agrees with that. We are here for the benefit of the students and that is it.

And what facts were regurgitated? And if you already knew those as "facts," then what was your problem in the first place? So run along and "get your answers elsewhere" and see how you do on your exams when no one else can provide you with answers.

And what facts were regurgitated? And if you already knew those as "facts," then what was your problem in the first place? So run along and "get your answers elsewhere" and see how you do on your exams when no one else can provide you with answers.
The OP already posted the question elsewhere.