What is the greatest four digit integers that has a factor of 5?

Illvoices

Since any number divisible by 5 is ended with an 0 or an 5. I guessed that the biggest number divisible by 5 would be 1000. Still I had my guess that it was going to be 9995.

Do you have a difficulty distinguishing between "largest" and "smallest"? :D

1000 is the smallest four digit number divisible by 5, not the largest!

Since any number divisible by 5 is ended with an 0 or an 5. I guessed that the biggest number divisible by 5 would be 1000. Still I had my guess that it was going to be 9995.
You really should just know that the answer is 9995, but if you can't then realize that the largest 4 digit number is 9999.

Then ask yourself if 9999 is divisible by5 ? If you think yes, then you are done. Otherwise ask yourself if 9998 is divisible by 5. If you think yes, then you are done. Otherwise ask yourself if 9997 is divisible by 5. Keep going until you say yes. That would be at 9995 since as you said it has to end in 5 or 0.

You really should just know that the answer is 9995, but if you can't then realize that the largest 4 digit number is 9999.

Then ask yourself if 9999 is divisible by5 ? If you think yes, then you are done. Otherwise ask yourself if 9998 is divisible by 5. If you think yes, then you are done. Otherwise ask yourself if 9997 is divisible by 5. Keep going until you say yes. That would be at 9995 since as you said it has to end in 5 or 0.
Yep that is exactly what went through my mind when solving for this problem. There has to be an ending of integers of 0 or 5

Since the SAT exam always have choices (am I correct about that??) then just pick the largest 4 digit choice that ends in a 5 or 0 that is a 4 digit number. That is, cross out all choices that are not 4 digits and cross out all choices that do not end in a 0 or 5 and then pick the largest remaining number as your choice.