A biochemical conversion of glucose is taking place in a 1ml volume.

stuff4

A biochemical conversion of glucose is taking place in a 1ml volume. there is a conversion of 6g/s. What is the change of concentration in mM/s?
Glucose( 180g/mol)

Hello, ı felt a bit lost in this question. can you clarify me how to solve it? thanks

A biochemical conversion of glucose is taking place in a 1ml volume. there is a conversion of 6g/s. What is the change of concentration in mM/s?
Glucose( 180g/mol)

Hello, ı felt a bit lost in this question. can you clarify me how to solve it? thanks

Can you show where you are lost? That would help a lot. Also, since this is a problem in a subject other than math, it would help if you told us something of the context and what things mean.

I think the "conversion" is something that is causing the amount of glucose to decrease by 6 grams per second. You are told that 180 grams of glucose is one mole. But what is "mM/s"? I was thinking maybe millimoles per second, but the symbol for mole is mol, not M, right?

OK, I looked it up and found that M stands for molar, which is moles per liter.

So you want to convert grams/sec (per milliliter) to millimoles/liter/second. That amounts to converting g/mL to mmol/L.

Is that what you needed help with, or did you get that far, and not know how to do it? Please show whatever work you can (even if you know it's wrong), so we can see where you need help, and how close you are to getting it right.

Last edited:
Can you show where you are lost? That would help a lot. Also, since this is a problem in a subject other than math, it would help if you told us something of the context and what things mean.

I think the "conversion" is something that is causing the amount of glucose to decrease by 6 grams per second. You are told that 180 grams of glucose is one mole. But what is "mM/s"? I was thinking maybe millimoles per second, but the symbol for mole is mol, not M, right?

OK, I looked it up and found that M stands for molar, which is moles per liter.

So you want to convert grams/sec (per milliliter) to millimoles/liter/second. That amounts to converting g/mL to mmol/L.

Is that what you needed help with, or did you get that far, and not know how to do it? Please show whatever work you can (even if you know it's wrong), so we can see where you need help, and how close you are to getting it right.

yes conversion is a decrease in glucose.
6g/ml/s

at first ı didnt understand how relate the given volume of 1ml.after reading your comment ı think it became more clear and ı came up with this calculation

6g/ml/s
=(1/30mol)/ml/s
=(1/30mol)/0.001l/s
=100/3M/s
=100000/3mM/s

does that make sense?