does this graph look right? "A regional theater sells advance tickets for 10$ and..."

allegansveritatem

does this graph look right? "A regional theater sells advance tickets for 10$ and..."

A regional theater sells advance tickets for 10$ and at the door tickets for 15$. The theater has 100 seats. They have to sell 1200$ worth of tickets to make a profit. Write a system of inequalities that expresses the constraints on x (number of advance tickets) and y(the number of at the door tickets). Graph the solution.: I am attaching 3 images: 1) My inequalities 2) My graph 3) The problem

I don't type the inequalities because I don't have the symbols on my keyboard.

My dilemma, if I have one, is that this seems like a very narrow window of possibility for the success of this enterprise.

work.jpg

graph.jpg

problem.jpg

I'm not sure what you would characterize as "narrow" but, yes, the region of success is the triangle with vertices at (x, y)= (0, 100), (0, 80), and (60, 40).

I'm not sure what you would characterize as "narrow" but, yes, the region of success is the triangle with vertices at (x, y)= (0, 100), (0, 80), and (60, 40).

thanks for checking it. I guess this venture is just seriously in a squeeze due to the tiny seating capacity of the theater.

I don't type the inequalities because I don't have the symbols on my keyboard.

I imagine you mean that "greater than or equal to" and "less than or equal to" are not on the keyboard. You are right; but we don't let that stop us. When we don't use LaTeX or other typesetting tools, we just use ">=" and "<=", which are borrowed from computer languages, to represent those symbols.