Is trigonometry a concept that is practical to use in DAILY-life?

anth0nnyy

Hi. I have a math assessment focusing on trigonometry and its real-life applications. I know that trigonometry is definitely applicable to real-life, but is it practical to use in DAILY-life as in every day things? Also, are there any positives, negatives or limitations of trigonometry in daily life? (Please keep this Y9 level (14-15 year olds)) Thanks!

Hi. I have a math assessment focusing on trigonometry and its real-life applications. I know that trigonometry is definitely applicable to real-life, but is it practical to use in DAILY-life as in every day things? Also, are there any positives, negatives or limitations of trigonometry in daily life? (Please keep this Y9 level (14-15 year olds)) Thanks!
What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/for

If you are trying to answer a question on an assessment, please quote the question exactly. Or are these your own personal questions about the assessment? What sort of "assessment" is it?

In order to answer your questions, you need to define some terms. What does "practical" mean? Whose "daily life" are you asking about? (Most 14-15 year olds will have no "practical" use for these things, even if it applies to many things in their lives.) As it stands, the questions are very vague. What is their purpose? How would you use the answers?

Also, are there any positives, negatives or limitations of trigonometry in daily life?

Anthony, do you have trigonometry homework for tomorrow?
Yes, Mom.
It's late, are you going to do it?
Are you crazy? Didn't I give you the list of all the negatives trigonometry has in daily life?

Many uses. All practical.

No negatives.

Here's an example: current thread ;)