Need urgent help w/ "If x = t/1-t and y = t2/1-t, find dy/dx in terms of t..."

pros1998

Need urgent help w/ "If x = t/1-t and y = t2/1-t, find dy/dx in terms of t..."

1. If x = t/1-t and y = t2/1-t, find dy/dx in terms of t. What is the value of dy/dx at the point x = 1?
  2. a.) If x = t2 and y = t3, find dy/dx in terms of t.
b.)If y = x3/2
, find dy/dx​
c.)Explain the connection between the two results.

3. Find the equation of the tangent to the curve x = t2, y = 4t at the point where t = -1.

Find the equation of the normal to the curve x = 2 cos(theta) , y = 3 sin(theta) at the point where
theta = 1/4 pi

1. If x = t/1-t and y = t2/1-t, find dy/dx in terms of t. What is the value of dy/dx at the point x = 1?
  2. a.) If x = t2 and y = t3, find dy/dx in terms of t.
b.) If y = x3/2
, find dy/dx​
c.) Explain the connection between the two results.

3. Find the equation of the tangent to the curve x = t2, y = 4t at the point where t = -1.

Find the equation of the normal to the curve x = 2 cos(theta) , y = 3 sin(theta) at the point where
theta = 1/4 pi

Are you sitting for the exam right now?!

You must start with knowing that t/1-t is NOT the same as t/(1-t). Likewise, t2/1-t is NOT the same as t2/(1-t).

Let's see your best work. We can guide you if you get stuck.

Are you sitting for the exam right now?!

You must start with knowing that t/1-t is NOT the same as t/(1-t). Likewise, t2/1-t is NOT the same as t2/(1-t).

Let's see your best work. We can guide you if you get stuck.

I'm working a worksheet. sorry its actually t/(1-t) and t2/(1-t).

For #1.. i got the derivative. I just dont know if i have to substitute all the t's with 1 to get my answer.
Also got the derivates for #2. Just dont know how to explain the connection
Similar problem with #3. Dont know where to substitute the t= -1

Pls help

For #1.. i got the derivative. I just dont know if i have to substitute all the t's with 1 to get my answer.

Pls help
What expression did you get for the derivative (\(\displaystyle \frac{dy}{dx}\))?

Pls help

Did you first differentiate x and y with respect to t? That is what they are looking for. What did you get?

Please show specific work, not just a general description, so we can see whether you are going in the wrong direction, or making mistakes along the way.

They say x=1 but you want to replace t with 1? You have to see that this is just not logically sound.
They even tell you that x=t/(1-t), that is they tell you how to convert x's to t's and t's to x's. To find the value for t, just solve 1= t/(1-t). But do you even need to do this?