Given trapezoid w/ top length 25, side length 18, base angle 60*, find area, perim.

happiness

I think I found the perimeter, Multiplying a number by a number * a square root ;for example 9*√3 by a regular number confuses me. Can you check to see if I found the perimeter right and show me how to find the area?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

So sorry, this is the problem.
62d28f20974bb50a7534df4e38f2d4b1.jpg

I think I found the perimeter, Multiplying a number by a number * a square root ;for example 9*√3 by a regular number confuses me. Can you check to see if I found the perimeter right and show me how to find the area?

The perimeter is correct. To find the area just find the area of the rectangle and the area of the triangle and add them together.

To multiply a radical expression like 9√3 by a number like 2, just notice that you are multiplying three numbers together: 2*9*√3. The associative property tells you that you can multiply any two of them together first: 2*(9*√3) = (2*9)*√3 = 18√3.

Your numbers are, of course, a little different, but no harder.

Then, if you take the advice to add the areas of the rectangle and triangle together, rather than just use a formula for the trapezoid, you will have to know how to add two radical expressions like 18√3 + 2√3 = 20√3. Do you know how to do that?