Help me make a diagram for a ladder leaning against a building

happiness

Fireman Austin leans a 40 foot ladder agasint a building at about angle of elevation of 70°. How far is the base of the ladder of the building?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Fireman Austin leans a 40 foot ladder agasint a building at about angle of elevation of 70°. How far is the base of the ladder of the building?

Where are you stuck? What do you need help with? In order to receive help we need to see your work so we can determine what type of help you need. Have you drawn a picture and labeled it? can we please see it? Thanks.

Where are you stuck? What do you need help with? In order to receive help we need to see your work so we can determine what type of help you need. Have you drawn a picture and labeled it? can we please see it? Thanks.
Do I do cosine of 70 times 40? What do I do to find how far is the base of the ladder from the building?
4be046e0f8cd8eba8c462019b5a78943.jpg

Thanks, I don't know how to know if I have the answer- heck I don't even know for sure if I used the right trig function. I thank you for telling me I am right, just to make sure cos 70 *40 will give me the distance between length of ladder from building right? and my diagram was right, correct?

Thanks, I don't know how to know if I have the answer- heck I don't even know for sure if I used the right trig function. I thank you for telling me I am right, just to make sure cos 70 *40 will give me the distance between length of ladder from building right? and my diagram was right, correct?
Yes, you are correct.