Find the value of x if AB = 38 and CD = 68. Figure may not be drawn to scale.

happiness

Problem 35. I am not sure how to finish the proportion or if I am even suppose to be using a proportion to find the value of x.
d7a061663a9deecec7689ba733008517.jpg

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Problem 35. I am not sure how to finish the proportion or if I am even suppose to be using a proportion to find the value of x.
d7a061663a9deecec7689ba733008517.jpg

You should not be using proportions. x = the average of the two arcs.

No, it isn't a proportion.

In order to solve this, you need to have learned one of several theorems about angles and segments in circles. Here is one place where I found a list of them; do you see how one can be used here? Does it look familiar?

Thanks

I did not realize that you wrote 68/360 =x/(don't know), I thought that you wrote 68/38=x/don't know. This is bad because the angle opposite x IS ALSO x. So would you also try to compute 38/360=x/(the same I don't know). If somehow you decided on what to put for I don't know,then you would get different answers for x depending on whether you used 68 or 38. I understand that you can't remember everything, but you should know when you are wrong. This time you just had to be wrong and you must get better at seeing that. Good luck. You can do it!

Last edited:
Thanks man
No, it isn't a proportion.

In order to solve this, you need to have learned one of several theorems about angles and segments in circles. Here is one place where I found a list of them; do you see how one can be used here? Does it look familiar?