Sketch a graph of a function... domain all Real Numbers... Range is {2}

dnymeyer

Sketch a graph of a function whose domain is all real numbers, but whose range is {2} (just one element, 2)
And what is the algebraic expression of this function?

Help me out, guys! :( Thanks!!

Sketch a graph of a function whose domain is all real numbers, but whose range is {2} (just one element, 2)

Help me out, guys! :( Thanks!!
What are your thoughts regarding the assignment?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/for

Do you know what "domain" and "range" mean? What are possible values of this function? What is f(0)? What is f(1)?

Okay.

I know domain is all first components of ordered pairs, while range is second component of ordered pairs.
I know real numbers include natural numbers, integers, whole numbers...

I know how to sketch a graph given an equation, or ordered pairs.

I know if the domain is all real numbers, this means the X correspondence but be any and all real numbers.

Range I know means the Y is 2.

So I guess I'm more so thinking that this problem must be a trick problem. Because as far as I can tell, the answer is just a horizontal line drawn at Y intercept 2.

And algebraic expression must be f(x)=2. (or would it be y=2?)

Anyway, I guess I'm more looking to see if this is a trick problem and I am missing something. Thanks.

Okay.

I know domain is all first components of ordered pairs, while range is second component of ordered pairs.
I know real numbers include natural numbers, integers, whole numbers...

I know how to sketch a graph given an equation, or ordered pairs.

I know if the domain is all real numbers, this means the X correspondence but be any and all real numbers.

Range I know means the Y is 2.

So I guess I'm more so thinking that this problem must be a trick problem. Because as far as I can tell, the answer is just a horizontal line drawn at Y intercept 2.

And algebraic expression must be f(x)=2. (or would it be y=2?)

Anyway, I guess I'm more looking to see if this is a trick problem and I am missing something. Thanks.
You are correct! However, it is NOT a trick question - just a very easy one.

Okay thanks! Question. The algebraic equation. Is it y=2, or is more proper to say f(x)=2?
Or are they the same?
Since your OQ was related to function:

I would say f(x) = 2 will be the "expected" answer.