Prove DE//BC, given mBD=mDC, F is on median AD, Lines CD, BE meet AD at F.

yma16

ScreenHunter_61 Jun. 05 18.26.jpgGiven mBD=mDC, F is a point on the median AD. Lines CD and BE meet AD at F.

View attachment 9610Given mBD=mDC, F is a point on the median AD. Lines CD and BE meet AD at F.

If you're still having trouble with this, you might try constructing E' on AC such that DE' || BC, and see if you can show that E=E'. That sort of thinking is needed for some tricky problems like this.

If this doesn't help, tell us the context -- was this a problem in a chapter talking about some particular theorems that might be of use, for example?

I thought about this and did not find it was helpful.

If you're still having trouble with this, you might try constructing E' on AC such that DE' || BC, and see if you can show that E=E'. That sort of thinking is needed for some tricky problems like this.

If this doesn't help, tell us the context -- was this a problem in a chapter talking about some particular theorems that might be of use, for example?

I proved it by adding a line //AB and pass C. I have not got time to write it neatly and post it hear.